TOEIC test questions are based on real-life work settings in an international environment (meetings, travel, telephone conversations, etc).
Who is it for?
The Test is used by organizations to determine whether an employee is suitable for a particular task. If you work or want to work for a large organization, particularity in Asia, then the TOEIC test will be useful to you.
What is the TOEIC test like?
There are two separate parts to the TOEIC test :
- The Listening and Reading test is a paper and pencil test that takes 2.5 hours and is taken at a test centre.
- The Speaking and Writing test is an online test that is taken in a test centre and takes 90 minutes. The Speaking and Writing test is a new test wich is only available in some countries.
What about scores?
THE TOEIC Reading and Listening gives a score between 10 and 990 :
- 905 – 990 International Proficiency
- 785 – 900 Working Proficiency Plus
- 605 – 780 Limited Working Proficiency
- 405 – 600 Elementary Proficiency Plus
- 255 – 400 Elementary Proficiency
- 185 – 250 Memorised Proficiency
- 10 – 180 No Useful Proficiency
TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests are scored out of 200.